Wednesday 4 May 2011

Maybe you're falling upwards, then.

I'm not really the type of person who spent countless of hours reading story books. I'm not a lazyass. More to, I-dont-really-have-the-time-because-of-this-thing-called-as-school.  But sometimes I find myself wandering around Livejournal or Soshified to find something decent to read, and I stumbled upon this, perfect description of being in love in a fanfic.

Yes, in a fanfic.

A freaking Yuri fanfic.


"You've been in love before, right?" she asks me candidly. Of course, I tell her. "Then you know what it's like when you first meet them. You're a mess because your brain and your mouth refuse to cooperate and the person you thought you were is nothing like the person they're changing you into. No one makes you feel as weak and vulnerable as they do and you once thought it'd be the worst possible feeling in the world but instead, it turns out to be the best."

I watch her speak and become struck with an odd feeling of jealousy. Her description is nothing like anything I have ever experienced and I find myself doubting if I truly have ever loved.

"But that's supposed to pass," she continues. "You're supposed to get over it after a while and get back to normal. I haven't though. I'm still falling for her and I don't know when I'll stop."

"Maybe you're falling upwards, then," I suggest jokingly.

But she doesn't find it as humorous and nods her head understandingly.

"Maybe."



This is, perfection. Its simple. Not exquisite, yet explains all the feelings and emotions we had when we're in love. 


"You're a mess because your brain and your mouth refuse to cooperate and the person you thought you were is nothing like the person they're changing you into. No one makes you feel as weak and vulnerable as they do and you once thought it'd be the worst possible feeling in the world but instead, it turns out to be the best."


That whole chunk of paragraph is like magic. I meant, it explains how love affect us both emotionally and physically. You know, that moment when you tried to talk to your crush, and suddenly the stiff air in between you fell heavily upon your mouth, making it difficult for you to speak up?  Or when your body stiffened when you see your crush and their tiniest actions and their most precise of words? And you thought that it'd be the worst possible feeling in the world but instead it turns out to be the best?

That's just an epic sentence and I have no idea how to top that.

This is, the beauty of fanfic. Y'all.

This is YoonYul btw, from the fic: The Upward Fall.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, it's such a good to the point without losing character story XD (It's more Yuri than Yaoi)

    ReplyDelete